Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Word-Count Wednesday

I feel like I should put something up top but I am not totally sure what. So...hello.
Disclaimer: I enjoy not having to be super formal on here, so please do not expect my usual essay quality.

What am I working on?
Once again I am getting caught up on all of the experiments for creative writing, I have not finished officially writing anything, but I have a lot of solid ideas and have broken down at least two of the assignments in to the information I want/need so as soon as I have time I can write them up.

Total Word Count?
It's still a secret. But like, at least four notebook pages. And I use a college ruled notebook. It's a pretty big deal.

How do I feel about the process?
I enjoy the process of breaking the scenes I plan on writing about apart and looking at every aspect I can. I like writing about the environment they take place in, and exploring the six senses of the characters. Outlining what will happen has also helped me keep track of where things need to go. My least favorite part is sitting down and typing it up, so I do have to get over it and do that so I can share my works here.

What am I reading now?
I am still reading "On Writing" (do I underline it...?). I am up to a whopping page 30, please hold your applause.
I am also reading a very boring text book about Adobe Illustrator for another class and it has sadly made me not want to read anything else for enjoyment because it is an incredibly dry text.

Word-Count Wednesday achieved.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on another Wednesday post. Any thoughts on what you'll be creating for the first short story assignment?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For the first short story assignment I am going with an idea that I have had for awhile: It is based on a weird series of nightmares I had over the summer about a weird invasion. It will be less about the invasion itself and more about following the characters trying to get away. Every time I had one of the dreams the shock value came from each situation I ended up in, I have never written something like this before so I wanted to experiment with it and see what I can do.

      For the Magical Realism short story I will be revising the one I did in class!

      Delete