Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Word Count Wednesday


Word Count Wednesday

I am doing one this week for consistency sake.



What am I working on?

Tomorrow after work I’m going to be doing feedback for my group. I’m looking forward to reading their stuff again.



Total Word Count?

Still the same as my entry from last night, haha.



How do I feel about the process?

It’s going okay, I wish I got less distracted when working on this stuff though.



What am I reading now?

Still reading the fairy tales, also looking at retellings of various fairy tales. For the most part they all seem to be YA romance though, which isn’t quite what I’m looking for.

2 comments:

  1. Are you looking for a more serious reinvention? something without the fantasy elements?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like when the story is reworked but keeps the same theme. I am a big fan of darker fantasy stories, a lot of the original tales were very dark on their own. I do not really enjoy when the story is turned in to a YA love story about a strong main character who suddenly falls hopelessly in love and then stops being that same strong character. When I read I am not a big fan of a focus on romance.
      I did end up deciding to use The Little Mermaid for my art project. I have changed the story and plan to share the resulting images on my blog when the project is complete. So far I have really enjoyed the process, it was interesting seeing what other people have done with these stories.

      Delete