Thursday, September 7, 2017

Ode to Sarah

I didn't come here with a plan for what to write about. I asked some friends if they had any suggestions...Sarah said to write an "Ode to Sarah." I'm not sure what adventure she had in mind when she suggested it, but she is unavailable for follow up at this time. When I think about it on my own the image of a little mouse named Sarah comes to mind, and she goes on adventures around the house. I may try to write a poem/story about that later, who knows. 

Now let’s switch gears and talk about anxiety! 

I had an interesting experience at work today, I say that because this particular thing has never happened before. I was in an office doing work and someone behind me was using a tape gun to tape packages shut to be shipped. For some odd reason, the noise alone made me extremely nervous and uncomfortable. I even offered to help them with what they were doing simply to get the noise out of the room as quickly as possible so I could continue work in a more comfortable environment. 


It comes in all forms, noises in particular have never caused a problem for me in the past. But this does come as a sobering reminder of something that is constantly in the background, following me like some kind of weird ghost that chooses when it wants to rear its ugly head and be known. Always try and be mindful of the people around you, you have no way of knowing what ghosts are haunting them.

No comments:

Post a Comment